Staying Safe In the Wake of a Car Accident
Car accidents happen. Their causes range from slippery road conditions beyond anyone’s control to sleepy or inebriated drivers at fault. Injuries can be catastrophic, depending on the type of crash. However, the most important actions you take at the scene immediately follow the event of the wreck.
1. Keep calm. Check yourself for injuries and, if possible, move your vehicle safely away from traffic.
2. Make sure the passengers in the other vehicle(s) are safe. Once again, remain calm. What matters most is that everyone is okay.
3. Call the police. Do not leave the scene of the accident – it could leave you at fault.
4. Exchange phone numbers and insurance information with the other driver(s).
5. If you have reason to believe you may have been scarred, disfigured, or are unsure of any compensation issues, contact Murad Law Group.
Especially in car accident scenarios, injuries that seem minimal at first can cause a lifetime of residual effects. In these cases, having a great team of lawyers is essential to prevent costly medical bills from coming out of your pocket. When the other driver is uninsured, enormous costs can be left up to you. Get the compensation you deserve.
Always beware of drunk and distracted drivers, and the latest danger on the road- texting while behind the wheel. According to the official US Government website for distracted driving, drivers who text take their eyes, hands, and thoughts off the road for an average of 5 seconds. Going average freeway speed, that’s long enough to travel the length of a football field- without even retaining situational awareness.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in Massachusetts, get in touch with the top accident attorneys in the state. Call the Massachusetts Car Accident Lawyers at Murad Law at 617-227-4648.